View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
aruss99

Re: 80lb injectors max whp

[QUOTE=BR3W CITY;8362789]Your computer is basing stock fuel calcs on 58psi. Your injector data sheet should say what rail pressure they were rated on. Increasing rail pressure that much means changing the working flow rate of the injectors, since injector flow is volume@pressure. Your 80lb injector could be more like 110lb with a ~30% increase in rail pressure...let alone whatever the boost ref commands. It'll be a tw@t to idle and part throttle it.

Injector Dynamics could get you set up, but that means $$$$

Otherwise you can buy yourself some margin and run a secondary fueling/meth system.[/QUOTE

I didn't realize meth systems were able to supplement the fuel system to that degree, but that does make sense that with enough meth I could back off on the injector fueling. That might be the best option, I've seen universal meth kits for $200 to $300 which is cheaper than new injectors, and when paired with e85, should give me some serious protection against knock.

I had read about people running 100psi through these injectors, but only a few so I wanted to see if those guys just got lucky with no failures, or if this was a somewhat common thing to do. Sounds like they were pushing their luck with those kinds of pressures.

Last edited by aruss99; 10-12-2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: grammer
aruss99 is offline   Reply With Quote