View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #38
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: The Definitive 67-72 Seat Swap Guide Thread ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72longbed View Post
Question for Palf70Step:

What did you have to do to the factory Suburban seat frame to bolt it down to our years Cab floor? Did you have to fab any special bracketry?

Will those seats slide back further if the gas tank has been removed from the cab?

Thanks Bill, we'd like to hear from you please.

72longbed
The burb seats were not in any of my trucks, but friends. Putter should still have a thread somewhere in the FAQ area about the install. I am 6' 1" and I fit OK (long as it is not a stock wheel. Very comfortable, way better than stiock. You are a little higher than stock and the regular88-94 bench install that I did. Putter also shorten, well push in his steering column some to get more belly room.

Here is Putter's notes for the install he used on his truck and GMAN69's truck

I ended up slotting three of the existing holes in the seat brackets for the driver's side (outer-front, outer-rear and inner-rear) so I could fine tune the alignment (twist it a little), and I drilled a new hole for the inner-front bolt. Then on the passenger side, I used the rear two holes just as they were (spaced up about 3/4"-1" off the floor). The passenger front-outer has a long slot under the slide track (Yes a second row seat slides...for entry into the rear). And for the passenger inside-front, I drilled a new hole. I also cut off both passenger seat front mounting tabs as they were not needed.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote