View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
BaroneDog

67 Stepside Build

Adding my build to the list. Bought a 67 Stepside in October with a trashed 350 (see pics below) and a Muncie M20. Pulled out the motor and bought a 6.0L LQ from a 2002 with 317 heads. Not that into the flame job, but I can live with it for now. Here are the details on what I am thinking for the rest of this build:
  • TKO 600 Trans---Correction decided on T56 instead (see other edits in later post)
  • Debating on Flywheel (McLeod, Adv. Adapters, or American Powertrain?)
  • Debating on Clutch (Advanced Adapters or CenterForce Dual Friction)
  • Hydraulic Clutch Conversion (Still researching if Hydraulic Throw-Out or Hydraulic Slave/Fork Style type preferred)
  • Quicktime Bellhousing RM-6036
  • Debating Headers - probably Doug Thorley Tri-Y
  • Crossmember - probably CPP
  • Front Disk Brakes - May do CPP setup with drop spindles for this one - but need to decide if sticking with manual or move to power
  • Wheels - Likely Steel Rally - just not sure if 15, 16, or 17 inch
  • Engine Motor Mount Adapter Plates - Still researching (related to header choice)
  • Exhaust - Magnaflow or Flowmaster???
  • Likely going to remove that huge heater core box. Ugly!!!
  • Going to start with a carb setup on the LQ for sake of simplicity for now. Also, I like the look better. Might integrate the newer fuel/ECU stuff later.

OK, that is all I can think of at this time. It is late and my brain is toast. Gotta get some ZZZZZ's. Looking forward to sharing the build and hearing your comments on my bullets above. Not locked down on anything quite yet so now is the time to throw out your opinions. Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by BaroneDog; 12-14-2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Incorrect Title - No TKO
BaroneDog is offline   Reply With Quote