View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #26
Devilman

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
Thanks man. I checked out your work, looking nice!

kicking around the idea. that was the plan with making everything bolt on, is eventually offering it as a kit. It's a TON of work to make what I've done so far. I feel like I could do an entire frame quicker. I'm not sure what the future holds, I just want to get this first kit done and on the road for some testing. We'll see after that.

Not all GM AAMs are the same. I'm using the LML variant, 2011+. It's a little wider than the earlier 2010- AAMs. Not sure what AAM you have?

Bolt pattern has been a major topic lately with the end decision to keep the 8x170 everywhere. So I will be machining the rear hubs for it, and drilling the rotors. Also going to be swapped to the 60tooth ABS tone rings in the rear to match the front. Basically my front D60 will be bone stock and the rear will have all the modifications to work. I'd rather have drilled rear hubs(non wear item) than drilled front unit bearings(wear item). It sucks the rotors will be 'custom' but it's not the end of the world.

The difference in width between the axles is 0.394" per side, with the front axle being wider. (71.496" vs 70.709") I attached a pic as well to show.
I've got an 08 dodge dually AAM rear. But I can get my hands on an 11+ axle easily. I'd do way with the abs and use a free-spin kit with a 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern on the front 05+ axle.....that was my thought process anyways on having everything the same bolt pattern.
Devilman is offline   Reply With Quote