View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #12
jmcap

Re: My '65 patina rat

As we all know, buying someone else's project comes with pros and cons. After examination, I found that along with the dropped spindles from Classic Performance and required disc brake conversion ( a positive ) , the wrong springs and shocks were used to further slam it to the point that the truck was resting on the bump stops!! ( a definite con ). After speaking to the techs at Classic Performance, I'm following their recommendations to provide the stance and safety that is required and purchased springs and shocks that in combination with the spindles will give the truck an overall drop of 4" at the front. As a result, the original post with the picture I added showing the result of me further lowering the rear was all for nothing and will be returned to the slightly taller stance to avoid any rake.
So, while waiting for parts to be delivered, yesterday my father, brother-in-law, and I prepared the truck for surgery. After swapping out the rear springs... an easy fix, we jacked up the front and secured with jack stands. Coil springs and shocks were removed waiting for the 'transplants' to arrive. I'll let you know how the patient makes out.
jmcap is offline   Reply With Quote