View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
jocko

Re: Dash pad that covers the entire dash?

Toolbox door locks are available. LMC and others carry them. However, my first stop would be to member LockDoc and see about getting a key-matched set that includes the toolbox.

As for the dash, well, my answer will not be popular, but I'd take the time to fix the problem and not cover it up. There's just no way around it being goofy looking if you're doing a resto. Or, perhaps, rather than a full dash pad - how about a stock dash pad and some sort of thin veneer you can place in there in the correct color that at least looks correct? (it'd need speaker grille emulated somehow...) A dash cover, like Crappie Hog posted, is fine if this is what the final owner (is that you or are you building it for someone?) wants - I think it is preferable to something as semi-permanent as a stock-ish dash pad that just happens to stretch to the windshield.

I know I'm biased, but to me, unless you're going Custom all around (and you did say "restore") then non-stock cover up items usually end up being the things one wishes one had done fully/correctly in the first place when the project is done. I speak from experience in that regard... Ha
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote