View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #47
Square_78

Re: 'Wintergreen' 1969 GMC Build

Cool build!

That is going to be a nice truck. I have also been thinking about doing a custom length bed. Mine is a long bed and it's too long, bit the short box looks too stubby to me. I was thinking about taking 9" out in front of the rear wheels and not cutting the back at all. That would make it 11" longer than a short bed. I think it would look visually balanced. I can't even imagine what it would cost me to have it done though. It's gunna have to wait a couple years I think.

If you need a GOOD metal work guy in Kelowna, go talk to Tyler at Liquid Steel. He is freaking amazing. He recently did an all metal wide body on my friends 1970 camaro and it's just a work of art. It's now about 10" wider than stock and looks factory. He did that so he can tuck 405/25R24's. He is an amazing craftsman. He mostly does old hotrods and custom roadsters and other super high end builds.
Posted via Mobile Device

"I refuse to go disc brakes. I actually love drum brakes. It makes for an adventure." - 50bomb

1978 Chevy shop truck - static 6/8"
1970 GMC 1500 - Accuair eLevel Resto-mod http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=537497
Square_78 is offline   Reply With Quote