Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #622
gigamanx

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
It will push the wax into the pores. I never dilute the acid, I just apply the acid directly to the frame.
Tried your suggestion. I must be doing something wrong. I apply the muriatic acid with a toothbrush so its localized. Seems like its working, but there is still rust and patches of black (I'm assuming that's the wax) I've tried a couple of times and the best result I ended up getting so far is a light wire wheel to get the rust off then hit it with muriatic acid. I dissolve the acid with ammonia to neutralize it. I'm working on little patches to figure out the right combination.

Still not happy with the spotty results I'm getting. Maybe I bought the wrong stuff?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Jasco-Green...9-538a2e6cad36

You can see in the pic. The middle section had naval jelly for 30 min then wire brush then muriatic acid then ammonia. Seemed to get pretty clean after all that. The other two sections had muriatic acid only as well as the side of the frame. It didn't seem to get through the rust very well.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 06-20-2017 at 09:55 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote