View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Re: Built not bought

Me too. My life has always been about doing for myself as much as I can. To me that is what makes you rich, being self-sufficient. And because at this point I know what I can do, not that I'm not learning more, if I decide to pay someone to provide a service for me it doesn't mean squat. Got nothing to prove and just do what suits my needs without stepping on anyone's toes.

I'll be honest, I started out doing everything myself. Now, after all the years, I have friends with special skills that would be offended if I didn't have them do what they do so well. I was painting other people's cars 30-40 years ago. But I haven't painted one of my own in over twenty, that I can recall.

I think the ones who flaunt the built not bought thing are newbies that haven't settled down about the thing they discovered that others have been doing all along. To us it ain't nothing but a thing. Kinda like eating a hamburger. Which brings the question to mind, grille your own or place an order? I do both

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-09-2017 at 04:10 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote