View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 11:50 AM   #12
72c20customcamper

Re: Rustoleum TURBO, spray bomb your truck ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
I have been using the Rust-oleum 2 in 1 automotive filler primer on the truck for the past few months. I can do a section at a time when I want. It takes a lot of cans but the result to my very inexperienced eye is good. The reason for cans over bulk and a gun is no clean up. I was told it can react if not fully cured but I don't have to worry about that given how slow I am going. You can sand within hours but it will cake some. Wait 24 if weather is good or 48 if cold and you can sand down to 400 grit without water. Amazon sells boxes of 6 with a decent discount. Also a for the comment on finger issue on the nossle, this is a life saver. Comfort Grip
Primer filler is also not to be exposed to uv even high end products like PPG state a cover coat is needed . Not familiar with the Rustoleum primer filler I’m guessing it’s only a undercoat product , the turbo paint is the exact same stuff they sell in the smaller bombs the tip is the difference it gives you more coverage like a spray gun .

If your doing a panel at a time a 2k spray bomb would be best more expansive but petter results . I’ve used this for small items work fairly well wouldn’t try a panel with it though
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote