View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #779
loudenzak

Re: What did you do to your truck today part IV

So I received a '65 c10 Stepside from my dad as a wedding present a couple months ago. Unfortunately it has been sitting since probably 1996 so there is a LOT of work that needs to be done. There also hasnt been a lot of aftermarket stuff done to it ie.. still 4 drums, no power steering. It does have a 305 in it (originally came with a 283) and he converted it to an automatic with a TH350 Trans when he was in highschool. I am currently in school for Auto Mechanics and my instructor has let me work on the truck through the classes we have taken. Right now we have just finished our brake class and although it was tempting to convert to disks, its just not in the cards for money right now. BUT! I have replaced everything from the master cylinder, brake lines (all, even made them myself instead of buying a pre-made kit), parking brake lines, hoses, shoes, drums, hardware, and brake cylinders. Now the nice thing is being in school we have a huge discount on parts and everything only cost me 282 bucks! (That receipt doesn't include the parking brake cables). Now we are onto electrical and there isn't much to do for me in this short 3 week class as we have to get it running first. Next is Suspension and I plan on replacing/rebuilding basically everything as we go through. I already have an associates in Auto body so the body will be my summer project next year.
Attached Images

loudenzak is offline   Reply With Quote