Thread: MI: Welder
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #7
drfloyd

Re: MI: Welder

[quote=old51sedan;8015194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by my56chevytruck View Post

Thanks guys for the replies. I was talking about doing the body work after welding with flux. I was told if you apply bondo over flux weld there is a chance that the flux could pop the bondo over time. I like the idea of using the co2, it sounds a little more expensive, but may be best in the long run. Thanks again
As has been stated previously, you don't want to use flux core, period. Or stated another way, no flux core. Haha. I'm sure there are other applications but the only thing that I can think of is outside in inclimate weather when the shield gas is affected would be an application for flux core.

I use .023 wire for sheet metal. I have a small Miller 180 that i just run .023 in all the time. I keep .035 wire in my Miller 251 for heavier stuff.

As far as the gas bottle is concerned, either get the bottle from the place you plan to get it filled or make sure if you buy one it is from a legitimate place to get it filled. At least where I am, one vendor won't fill another vendor's gas cylinder.
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote