View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #118
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Driving update ? whats your MPG checked yet ? how many miles have you gone , happy ?
MPG? Mmmm probably not too good since I don't drive it often and now that it's broke in I can't seem to keep my foot off the floor. Seriously, it does get better mileage than before but I haven't checked it.

I am very pleased with the entire set up. The Ramjet starts with a bump of the key and settles to a nice smooth but lumpy idle. Nothing serious, but you know it's not stock.

On the road it pulls well off the line and continues to pull hard until 3rd gear. It goes a little flat there, but that to be expected considering I still have the 3.08 gears. A set of 3.42's would be just about perfect, and 3.73's would make it a tire shredding screamer.

If I had a reason to change gears I would probably go with 3.42's and enjoy great performance as well as good mileage. Since everything works, I'll stick with what I have for now.

The only problem I have experienced is on occasion when I have to get off the gas and on the brakes quickly, the motor dies. This makes for a fun little surprise if you are in need of doing something like stopping fast or turning quickly. If you put it neutral and bump the key it comes right back to life.

I "think" this could be caused by the converter not unlocking quick enough, but it's hard to pin down since it doesn't happen on a consistent basis. This will be something to work out over the Winter.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote