View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #336
fakerwade

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Great job on the battery tray Wade! Maybe a gel cell would not have the rot issues of a traditional battery? I dont like that there is a seperate section for 4x4 builds now I have to venture out into new areas I recently sold my 4x4 and will miss it soon. But then again there are a lot more builds for me to check out over here! Personally I like them all and if I had it my way I would have a lifted 4x4, a stock height 2wd daily driver and a lowered/bagged custom for fun but the driveway and HOA aren't that kind.
Hey Dan, Your right that a gel cell battery probably wouldn't have the acid leaking problems but those darn things are expensive!! I like your idea of having multiple trucks with different attributes,,, maybe after I recover from building this one I'll build another one,,, heck I bought all the equipment,, might as well use it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Grimace View Post
Looking at your thread makes my body swap not seem so bad.
MR. Grimace,,, nice to have you on board!! I'm not used to doing this kind of work,,so I'm probably making it look harder than it really is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Nice to see you getting back under way again even if just a little.

I spent most of the summer & early fall working around the house on the honey do list as well so not much progress on my end either.
Well to be honest I'm right in the middle of hunting season,,, which I pretty much skipped last year,, thought I'd better re-fill the freezer ya know? I did manage to strip, de-rust and paint some of the frame. I also had to completely re-do the roof,,,the plastic tarp blowing in the wind rubbed through my etch primer and the roof started to surface rust. Hate doing things over.

You'd better get to work on yours,, 2 and a half feet of snow is on it's way to your area soon!!! Sorry,,,didn't mean to jinx you,,,Just hope you can get back on that big block bad boy soon!!
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro

Last edited by fakerwade; 10-31-2012 at 05:57 PM.
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote