View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #166
da_bears_da1

Re: [B]65 Stepside Frame off Resto[/B]

Life seems to keep intruding on time working on the truck. Once I took the front end apart I got my new inner fenders. My old ones just had too much cancer, thin metal and ripples in the metal. Got my new ones and while they are cancer free, they too had ripples in them. Guessing that stamping the metal in all the different directions that you have to for the inner fenders just puts some ripples in them. Being a bit anal, I decided I had to fix them so am in process of smoothing them out.

Name:  DSC_0434Small.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  95.2 KB

I also got my hood out and started to work on it as well. There was rust in the front lower portion of the hood so I had bought a repair panel from LMC. I started cutting the metal out to get to the spot welds for the front of the hood and found a lot more rust than I realized. There were 5-6 areas that I would have had to cut out the supports, replace the metal and then get to the patch panel. I also had some oil can affect going on with the hood plus cancer spots on both sides. So, got on line and found a place in Arizona with a replacement hood so I bought it. The new hood is much more sound than my old one but will need some work. Here is old hood first. (Due to the current picture limits, I will post the new hood in the next post).

Name:  DSC_0435Small.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  94.4 KB

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote