View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: A noiseless Harley really .

And I was thinking it doesn't look like a Harley, it doesn't sound like a Harley, doesn't smell like a Harley, doesn't feel like a Harley. Does it taste like a Harley?

Also... What? No p-pad vibrations? How'm I gonna get any? LOL

I know I know, I'm an old stick in the mud anymore. A member of the past Harley generation. I used to catch crap for my Evo. This was a long time ago. I had a tatoo'd up and down long braided hair biker at a bar jam his way into the conversation I was having with a pretty lady who asked if I had a bike because I was wearing my leather and I said "Yeah".

Biker: What kind of bike do you ride? (this was wintertime. No one was riding)

Me: Kawasaki. Then turned my back on him (sitting next to me/girl on other side)

Biker: That ain't no motorcycle.

Me: You're right. I was messin' with ya. I ride a Harley (turned my back)

Biker: What kind?

Me: 1990 Heritage Softail (turned my back)

Biker: Evos ain't no Harley. They're for rich doctors and lawyers.

Me: Not all bikers from the '70s are burnouts. Some are now doctors and lawyers. (stared right through him)

As you might imagine that set a different air about the room. He didn't look too happy. In fact, looked kinda mad.

I said, "Look buddy, let's be cool. We're all here to have a good time. We're all brothers here"

Things seemed to settle just as it was about to get ugly and I carried on with my coed conversation

All ths Harley talk calls for a picture
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-23-2019 at 08:57 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote