Thread: Far North 67
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM   #5
coldrider

Re: Far North 67

Enter 2020.

Over the course of the summer, I knew there were things I wanted to do, but I mostly just enjoyed the truck because I’d just gotten it and didn’t really want to start anything that was going to take it off the road for a long time. As it is, the roads are really only “nice” from about May to October up here (all other months you can count on snow or gravel), so I only tackled a couple small things.

While I like the Rocket Booster wheels that were on it, the 17s were a bit too small, so I swapped them out for 20” Riddler 650s and Nitto 555s (245/40 front, 295/40 rear). Love the look of split 5 spoke / 10 spoke wheels on these trucks.

The interior also has a few things that need taken care of, so first up, gauges. Half of the stock stuff didn’t work (one of the things I wasn’t told about) and I really liked what I saw in the Dakota Digital HDX setup.

And since I pulled the steering wheel, I may as well swap it, too. With modern gauges out in front of it, the big classic wheel was going to be out of place. Con2r has a cool build-your-own steering wheel tool on their website. I thought the white/brown combo struck the right balance of new and classic.
Attached Images

coldrider is offline   Reply With Quote