View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
cam.man67

Re: Mods or improvements to inner door handles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74CustomK20 View Post
I thought someone was making an aluminum black replacement? Could of swore I found some online...
Yes!!! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I've been unsuccessful in my search, but would love a link if you have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
A problem so common Advance Auto Parts keeps them in stock on a shelf of their generally lame inventory. Are you saying the replacements are wearing out, too? I was under the impression they were an improved design. I've replaced both front door handles on my Suburban and so far so good. First it was the passenger side, but I hardly haul a passenger and if they bumped the door with their shoulder it would open. I'd forget till I had a passenger. My son helped me build a deck last summer so I finally replaced that one. The driver side got funky and within a half dozen times opening (or less) it wouldn't work at all. That got fixed right away, over two years ago and so far so good.
Yep. I get about 6-8 months out of a replacement door handle. I've started buying two at a time just so I have a backup when it fails. My replacement time is down to about 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
I'd look into other areas of the door to address why they keep breaking...or lay of the roids?
Haha I guess I'll have to do that! specifically what areas should I check out? Nothing else has ever been taken apart on the door and as far as I can tell, is completely functioning as it should.
1989 Toyota Pickup 22re, auto, 3.73
cam.man67 is offline   Reply With Quote