View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: John Lee's Door Channel, Felt and Vent Rubber Rebuild

Okay, the passenger side window seal debacle. Well, actually, it went well and I didn't break anything. But, I learned a lot, specially about the proper order of assembly cause had to do a couple do overs to get one part under another and a work around or too for the same reason. But its all in there like factory and snug, no rattles at all! Vent window rubber is sitting in place with the window closed for a week till it conformes some and then I may have to trim a slight bevel on the extra thick vertical bar rubber to allow the window to close easily. More on that another day.

Here we go...roll the window down and pull the 5 screws holding the vent window assembly in place, remove the vent window assembly.

Wiggle the door glass up/down and around to slip the rollers and take it out the top.

Remove the top and bottom screws to pull the window chanel support bar and the window chanel.

I had to warm the screws to ouch temp and quench with soapy water a couple times to back them out w/o chewing up the heads and destroying the screws. What you see on the ground is the crumbled up rotted horizontal felts and the window chanel and its support bar.

Here is the horizontal edges where the felts snap in and out of to wipe the glass as it goes up and down.

Here I'm carefully drilling out the upper rivet on the vent window, this is the upper hinge point...a new rivet comes in a parts kit from LMC.

Lots of PB Blaster and I removed the hardware/spring for the lower wing pivot....I kept the hardware in order and noted the direction the limiting washer (flat edge forward) faces for reassembly later.

The old rotted rubber on the arch just pulls out.

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-08-2013 at 05:31 AM.