View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 68 Camaro SS/RS 396 resto mod project

My only issue so far has been that the Wilwood prop valve uses all 3/16" lines. I wish it had 1/4" lines for the rear brake section like GM used. I need to get a 3/8-24 male to 7/16-24 female adapter for the rear output so I can plumb it to the rear brake supply line. $3 at my local auto parts store and in stock.

The mount bracket I got off a 95 S10 Blazer fits like a glove and puts the prop valve in just the right spot for the Camaro. Score one for the pack rat.

I am going to bend up some wire to nail down my tube routing then get the brake tubing I need and bend away. That will get me down to bleeding the brakes and checking for leaks in the system.

I took the opportunity of having the rear of the car in the air to machine the slots out of my aluminum brake drums. I had always thought the recesses GM put in them looked like they were meant to be voids so I thought I would give it a try. They look killer. We will see if they hold up. I have spares so if they fail no big deal.

Put my rear wheels on, installed the open end wheel locks and torqued them down. The tires are some I had sitting around for a while and will do for now to work the bugs out of the car but are not up to any drag strip time.

They stick out a little more than I want but that is OK for now as I will be having the rear axle re-tubed with heavy wall DOM tube and fit with big bearing retainer plate type housing ends as well as making it narrower by 3" per side. The car will be getting mini-tubbed to match. New 325/50-15 M/T Drag Radials will be going on after that is done.

Not sure if I will stick with Cal-Trac bars & leaf springs like I ran before or go insane and put a 4-link in there. The traction bars on the Camaro now are going onto the stepside when I do the axle over spring flip to it here shortly. The just won't do with 600+ ft-lbs of torque in the Camaro.
Attached Images

68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote