View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

UPDATE: Winter Plan & Cab Break Down

Today I finally came up with a plan to continue working on the truck throughout the winter. I want to have the bed, cab, and front clip removed from the frame before it really starts snowing (2-3 weeks). That way I can store the chassis inside our 2 car garage and be able to do work on it throughout the winter. I plan on building some saw horses on the side parking strip to place the bed on, then other body parts inside the bed, all covered with a tarp. What I will do with everything else? (bench, electrical, whatever else comes, well...I will leave it up to that.

So today I wanted to do a quick rust analysis, so I removed the bench seat to investigate any floor panel issues. Knowing the truck has been in SoCal for its entire life, I am happy with the minimal rust, but know also don't want to be naive. Tell me what you think:

Floor Overview:
Name:  IMG_1198.jpg
Views: 2665
Size:  84.8 KB

Tire Jack (behind passenger, next to gas tank):
Name:  IMG_1189.jpg
Views: 2627
Size:  62.9 KB

Passenger Side Kick Panel:
Name:  IMG_1188.jpg
Views: 2586
Size:  87.4 KB

Passenger Side Door (bottom left corner, this was caused by no window guard I believe):
Name:  IMG_1192.jpg
Views: 2590
Size:  51.1 KB

Driver Side (just above kick panel, near high beams (which I dont even know if this is a standard feature or Gramps special):
Name:  IMG_1195.jpg
Views: 2636
Size:  72.1 KB

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote