View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #2130
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
You could always install a GPS location device with a battery backup in a hidden compartment somewhere no one will ever find it so that if it's stolen the police can track it down and arrest the thieves.
I know that seems extreme but if you plan to keep the truck the rest of your life then it's worth the money IMO.
That's very true, Brian. No matter how much insurance you have, it's never enough to cover all the man hours and head banging it takes to build one. I just wish there was a GPS device you could buy and track with a laptop. Seems like the standalone ones don't have any range and the others require a subscription service for location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipescastle2 View Post
Vic,
Thanks again for your help setting up my differential! I really appreciate it!
I'm gonna have to squeeze in the time to reinstall everything this weekend, I'm hoping my vibration problem is solved. Thanks again!
Ben
You're very welcome, Ben. You had all the hard part done already.

It's getting down to the wire for the Truck Nationals. Chip has been working on his truck and Boppa's new ride getting them spiffied up for the show. He'll be here early Saturday with the trailer to load up CRLS. He swore after the last time he was done hauling my project out there, but he backpedaled on the tough love and agreed to do it one more time. I just need to prove that it's actually a real truck and not Photoshop'd.

I stuck just enough parts on the cab to simulate progress. The forward tunnel cover I made ended up being the best place to mount the floor shifter, so I built another low panel behind it for the ECU/TCU boxes. I'll make another platform that sits above the ECU for the relay/fuse box. All of this will eventually be encased in a custom console. The rear will kick up to house the subwoofer and the front will have a pocket for the e-level controls, various switches, cup holders and storage. Right now it looks like the amp, filters and distribution blocks for the speakers will wind up under the passenger seat because the console is filling up fast.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote