View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #202
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

This weekend after I got the engine harness installed I started on the vehicle integration. I'm running a Holley Dominator ECU, so it's got tons of inputs and outputs. It has a dedicated set (J2) for just that and then if you aren't running DBW or an e-Trans (like a 4l60e) then J3 and J4 become wide open for more inputs and outputs. J1 is now reserved for the engine. BTW, J1 and J2 have 2 connectors, so yes, that's 6 connectors on this beast of an ECU. And they all have at least 24 pins each. Fortunately I've only gotten in to around 20 extra pins as of right now. But add in wheel speed sensors for traction control and maybe some linear POTs on the suspension and there's a bunch more wires. This thing is setup for Turbos, NOS, water injection, flex fuels if you want, and more.

Just a bunch of extra long, ready to cut to length unterminated wires (they do have the ECU pin already crimped on), a couple blank connectors. That's more like how I like to roll.
Name:  IMG_2820.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  67.4 KB

Just a spreadsheet and my mind. Hmm, what color wire should I make this function?
Name:  IMG_2822.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  72.4 KB

Ok, a slight break from wiring. I needed to get my gauges to an installable point. Now, I had already designed this layout before, but I never made a proper panel until today. So here it is, all $16 of that 14 ga plate from Lowe's and some time. A bunch of time. Boy I wish I had a plasma cutter. But I don't. Shown here raw, which it will stay for the near term. I had planned to paint it, but this raw look with some of the sanding swirl from the DA still showing actually has me thinking it might stay raw. Well, a little clear would get shot on to help keep it from rusting since it's carbon steel.
Name:  IMG_2824.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  80.2 KB

All electric gauges mean lots more wires to deal with. I've got some connectors to install that will make this look a lot more manageable.
Name:  IMG_2827.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  101.8 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote