View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #11
wilkin250r

Re: WalMart MAXX 78S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
johnson controls and exide make about 90% of the batteries that are sold in the united states, and even some brands you thought made their own (interstate)

Diehards (sears), Everstarts (walmart), Surestarts, etc, etc
And from the research I was able to find, Johnson Controls is generally considered the better of the two, and last I checked WalMart MAXX batteries are made by Johnson Controls.

I've run several Maxx batteries, and I've had great luck with them. I'm not too far from that central Cali heat, only a little higher altitude so when you're 109, I'm only 101. But when you're 35 degrees, I'm -10. It gets cold cold cold here.

My last MAXX battery lasted 8+ years with daily use, and my current is 4+ and I am trying my best to kill it. I've developed a weird problem in my F*rd, when it rains I need to crank the engine for (no joke) 5 solid minutes. And that battery does it, it cranks and cranks and cranks and cranks. It has treated me VERY well.