View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Tahoe Build

So this gets us to the point of the rocker panel. Since their is not one out their that will just fit and weld in I had to take two regular truck rockers and start cutting them to fit. The rear of the rocker fits great but the front is another story. It requires alto more work then you would first think to get it all correct so their will be no problems with the door opening and scrapping on the rocker or worse binding up. So I cut the rocker a bit long and then starting removing pieces bit by bit until the main section fit correctly. Then I cut up a passenger side rocker just for the rear end of it were it rolls up to the truck B-post but in this case it will roll up to the front of the Burbs B-post. I still had to cut most of it away and then build a filler panel using a card board template I traced from the passenger side of the Burbs 3rd door. Then using my shrinker and stretcher I started forming this piece to fit.

Well this is were I have left off as far as fabrication goes. I will be back on it this weekend to finish up the complete door opening and get started on the door it self. For building the 4th door I will be using sections from a 3rd door, Burb passenger front door and a truck drivers side door. Then to finish it off I will re-use the stock Burb inner panel I cut out in the first step of this build and that will give it a stock look inside as well as the window regulator and door panel attachment points.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 12-31-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote