Thread: 1974 CCSB build
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: 1974 CCSB build

The pics make the paint look better than it is. There is almost none left on the roof, and the doors and fenders are pretty rusty. I have a really nice set of doors off of a '90 Suburban for it, the only downside is that they use the larger door panels. The bed floor was almost gone, but the bedsides are really pretty decent. The rust spots are in kind of weird places for this truck. Of course, the lower fenders are gone, and there is rust under the windshield in the corner, but the floors and rockers are pretty much spotless. There is a spot of rust through at the top of each corner of the door nearest the center pillar, but those should be easy. The main selling point of the truck to me was that the cab was pretty much rust free. I had access to pretty much everything else.

My wife is thinking the truck should be dark blue. I thought about the original color, and even getting a wrap done in woodgrain for in between the trim. That would probably look good with the original color, but I don't know how much I like the color. Looking at the '74 dealer brochures, none of the original colors just jump out at me.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote