View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Sarge261

Project THOR Shop Truck

Hey Folks,

Been spending more time down here now that I made the decision to abandon my K20 build, Project Zues. It was a tough decision, but that resto was supposed to be done with my late brother, and I just couldn't bring myself to work on it...too many memories and it wouldn't be the same without him.

So I picked up a decent 97 Yukon in March. It was a nice truck for up here, needed little body work and was relatively clean for 140k, and the deal was decent.

My goal is to make it a nice daily driver. As of right now I'm a Chief in the FD up here so I have a 13 F-150 I drive everyday, but my term will be up at the end of 2014. So when I was looking to replace my old K20 shop truck, I wanted something I could drive all the time, was a little easier on the back, and wasn't too bad on gas. Plus I had a 87 K5 back in high school and I've always has a soft spot for the full size blazers.

I needs some work, mostly cosmetic, a little mechanical. So my goals are to have a nice clean DD, it does plow snow good. Here is what I would like to do:

New Carpet...need to find something decent.
I would like to swap the bench seat for buckets and a console
Maybe freshen up the engine, has some lifter noise sometimes
Convert to manual 4x4, not that I have any issues just something I would like to do
SS Brake Lines
New Fuel Lines
Fix the A/C
Window Tint
Maybe a long ways off do a solid front axle swap...maybe, I enjoy the nice ride
2" lift
Figure out how to install the overhead console I bought

I will post up some pics when I get home.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys down here, and I hope I can be a contributor as well.

Sarge

Project THOR
Sarge261 is offline   Reply With Quote