View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #9
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Double din anyone?

Now this is just my opinion, but for looks a double DIN is just way too big to look right in the dash no matter how you try to make it fit. And I am not one to eliminate things to gain more room. A 1.5 DIN is as big as I'd ever go. Have you looked at the 96-2000 Caravan Infinity CD player/cassette with built-in EQ? They are literally everywhere in the boneyards and actually put out some good power. Those are what I'll be moving onto before long for these squares since the GM theftlocks are starting to get harder to find. Some have the Chrysler logo on the front, some do not-but when you pull one you'll see a fairly massive aluminum heatsink on the side of it which is a good indication that its a high powered (for stock) unit. Don't get the regular CD player, look for the ones with factory installed Infinity sound systems. They also have a cassette player which on the majority of them havent ever been used-lol! Best of all, they're still 1.5 DIN so they fit and the green digital display matches the GM green too!
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote