View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 04:57 PM   #6
Heatwave

Thanks for the Nomination! Wasn't expecting one.

The truck is a 1955 1st Series chevrolet (of course).
Native Texas truck from El Paso.

Original restoration/rod was completed in 1989. It consisted of a new 12 volt system, Stock SBC 350, TH-400,Heiht's MustangII front end, blocked and lowered rear, gm 7.5" 10 bolt Posi rearend,new wood bed, all new chome bumpers and exterior mouldings.
We repainted in 1999 and started the update this past year with my 15 yr. old son. He's very proud of the truck and thinks he's gonna get to drive it when he gets his permit!

The update consists, so far, of an engine rebuild/replace...long story!

-350 SBC .040 over, Steel forged crank, TRW rods, flat top forged pistons, Edelbrock RPM power package (aluminum 202 RPM heads, Hyd. roller cam, AirGap intake, 600CFM carb. (think it needs a bigger carb!), block hugger shorty headers, and all the pretty stuff my son likes!

-Interior was done with RodDoors cab package, really easy to "do it yourself" My son and I did the whole job ourselves except sew the seat. It was done with Beige Ultraleather and Ostrich highlights. The shifter is a Lokar 23" nostalgia with an LED billet boot, now redone in Ostrich leather.

What the future will bring.....(maybe Santa ...)

-I have all the parts on order to replace the steering column with an Ididit chrome column, billet steering wheel, new Power Steering rack, new rotors,
flaming river steering u-joints, Borgeson polished stainless steel DD shaft.
I'll do a photo report on the installation after the holidays.

-next will be a new 4 Bar suspension...the motor is trying to twist the rearend around with the old leaf springs.

And a bunch of other things that I would love to do....Air ride suspension, Blower motor, new wheels....the list goes on and on! This thing has been in the build stag since 1989 and there is no end in sight!

Thanks again...