View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
nhtc33d

Project 1965 2.0

Hello all,
Well I finally have another project after selling my last build. I found a 65 C10 custom sitting under a barn. The owner had bought it in Tennessee to use it for a parts truck for a 66 he was restoring but I talked him in to selling it to me instead! The truck has very little rust except for the hood which is shot. I brought it home, power washed it then stripped it down to the frame. I fixed all of the rust and I am now in the process of filling all the openings in the dash for the exception of where the original gauge cluster goes. I also filled in all the holes in the firewall and dropped the body mounts. I did a 3 link on my new truck vs 2 link on the last truck. On my last truck I had z'd the frame and had no issues but I thought I would try a PB level 3 front dropmember on this truck and a set of the flat plate A arms from Michigan Metal Works. The Dropmember has some amazing craftsmanship and fits perfect. I wish I could say the same for the fitment on the A arms and Michigan Metal Works is being less than helpful to correct the problems. Hopefully they will make things right.
Attached Images