View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #365
Killer Bee

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxiss454 View Post
What would the seat have looked like in a 65 GMC 1000 with a fawn painted interior metal and red (514) exterior? And would factory option seat belts have been fawn color or another color? I need to recover my seat and want to add belts, and would like to make it original looking even though it won't be original.
I'm in a similar situation with a '65 C20 with a fawn interior and deluxe seat.. trying to have the seat recovered in factory cloth/vinyl and I am installing seat belts for family safety.. I'm not restoring the truck, just cleaning and updating critical safety items for my family..

I bought a full set of tan belts with gm starburst logo metal buckles from Seat Belt Planet for $252 including nutplate hardware since my '65 has nothing.. maybe black would be more correct but since it didn't have anything in it anyway, I went with what matches the seat and interior color the best from colors available.. so I'll have a full belt set including driver and passenger shoulder belts and center lap belt once I get the seat installed for proper belt mounting adjustments if necessary..

the seat cloth has been a tough one for me.. I have a fantastic interior restoration and upholstery place but the seat cloth has been hell to get.. since february, we have been dealing with sms fabric in oregon but they are very slow and recently sent not only the wrong fabric, but the wrong vinyl and the fabric they sent was not even the wrong sample they sent previously! problem is they did send the EXACT matching cloth and vinyl samples and I must have them to put this seat back to original

thankfully the upholsterer has more patience than I do and is hopefully getting it all straightened out.. 6 months of waiting for samples only to receive entirely different material is frustrating!

good luck with your project!

this thread has mounting location dimensions and informative discussion;
1965 Seat Belts???

more here;
Aftermarket Seatbelts???

my old seat pic [upside down ];

my old seat fabric;

completed sample [probably from this site somewhere ];
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote