View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #33
cyberpine

Re: 87 TBI to Carb conversion

RF and 67 chevy team,

Cleared ecm. Error codes disappeared!

Tranny appears to be a 400 turbo so nothing to connect to right?

regarding:

You can see IAC pentacle fully closing idle air passage in the TB (10 o'clock).

I'm not sure where that is exactly or how to tell if closed.

I don't have an RPM gauge or Tachometer. I almost got a light gun with a tachometer on ebay for $10 yesterday - shipping included.

Here's my daily video. Was idleling really nice with the iac out. plugged it back in and tried to drive it, but it seems to running way too rich - stalls and lots of smoke and smell of gas. Is it just me or are the injectors pushing gas like crazy. I also wonder as the guy that was helping me had the truck for a few weeks and only worked on it a few hours and eat up $10 in gas.

While waiting for video to upload from phone.. I'd like to place unsolicited review here on Sprint's 4g Android phones (Evo and Epic). OMFG! guys if you are due a phone upgrade and you do anything online - do yourself a huge favor and check out those phones/plans. It's changed the way I work and I even use the device as a very fast internet modem from my laptop. At 4g speeds it's as fast as DSL. I've moved everything I need to my google account - contacts, calendars, pictures, videos, bookmarks, etc.

Thanks again.

My 1987 C10 Short Bed (click on slideshow to see full album)
cyberpine is offline   Reply With Quote