View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 11:24 AM   #9
DARRIN

old ambulance

Unfortunately I am selling it. I wish I had the money to keep it, but it's heartbreaking to drive it everyday (it's my only car out here) adding to the mileage, and not having the $$$ to fix things, or at least keep it the way it was when it was new. It's going to a good home to someone who has the money, collects hearses, and has enough connections and the ways and means to do it right. Thanks for the welcome back to N.D...........I can't wait to get back. Someday I'll friggin' finish what I started.........but right now it just isn't possible. So...........I'll go beat my '74 Datsun to death in N.D. (Can you think of a better fate for a Japanese car?)
I heard a rumour that there was two of these ambulances. I searched high and low when I was there, and I was told there wasn't another one around there. You probably saw mine. I did see what looked like a '72 'burb ambulance in Bottineau around the time of the Devil's Run, but it was painted metallic blue and had a really ugly high-top. There was a romour that there was two like mine, but the other one was wrecked many, many years ago. I've never been able to prove if the "twin brother" is or ever was around, though.