View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #51
LowCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I am running these on my '68 with a 4/7 drop. First of all you have to have the centers of the wheels bored to fit over the hubs on the 4 wheel drums. For the fronts, I am running 265/35s and have not had to do any clearancing (stock fenders and inners). I have not bottomed out or rubbed at all, but if I were to go any lower (which I plan to) I will have to do some modifications for clearance. In the rear, you can't run the stock transit because it has too much backspacing. You can either run a 1.25" to 1.5" adapter spacer like everyone above had to do, or flip the center of the wheel and change the backspacing. I changed the backspacing on mine to 4" but it did require a bit of clearancing to make it work. A more conservative backspacing would be 4.25", and with a 5" drop you should be fine and require no modifications.

Awesome man thanks for the reply that solves a lot of questions. Do you happen to remember what you had to bore the centers out to? Also do you recall what spacers (inner diameter) you had to run? I’ve seen some people mention having to run Toyota spacers due to the hub size issue? Just trying to buy all this stuff once and be right! Thanks again man very helpful. Truck looks awesome can’t wait for mine!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by LowCST; 02-25-2018 at 08:53 PM.
LowCST is offline   Reply With Quote