View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #133
slow4dr

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

I know it's been a while since a real update on our shop truck. Unfortuantely, we've just had too many new development projects lately so the truck has been collecting dust. So recently I approached Ed the owner and Sal the VP about spending my lunch and breaks working on the truck. This led to a situation where I would work towards finishing it and eventually it would be available for me to purchase. I've been wanting one for a long time so I am hopeful this will work out.

So anyways, with some freedom to proceed how I choose I began to mock up some things. First and foremost I put some shock simulators in place to mimick full compression of the 5.2" travel ridetech coilovers. Then I placed some wheel simulators in place mimicking 26" tall tires. I know this is probably less than what some may run but I plan to run 18x12 wheels all the way around with a 315/30/18 Falken tire which is 25.5".

Here is a pic with the frame at full compression.

The frame under the front cab mount is 5" off the ground.

Something that has been lingering in the back of my head is the original upper shock mounts we made for the front end. The engineers ditched this design early on because the truck sat too low. Basically the inner fender had to be raised with them so they felt our kit wouldn't go this route. Anyways, we still have a couple of the original design mounts sitting in a box. There is roughly 2.5" difference in height between these.

The rear axle sits above the frame but it does clear the bed.

So, I will try to keep this thread updated a little more often. It will be slow though since it will only be an hour or so at a time.

On a sidenote, we began designing the Squarebody rear suspension.

slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote