View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Tall Skinny Mud Tires Who's got them?

I run’em Q78x16 Super Swamper TSL. Q78’s are close to a 35.5 x 10

Best dang tire you can buy for my type of wheeling. The tire is the perfect height, narrow enough to keep the fat full-size truck on the narrow wagon/Jeep trails in the high country and they cut through the snow like a razor blade plus they do not rub the fenders. Not to mention, tall skinny tires give an much better overall driving experience than wide tires that leave a truck wondering all over the highway at cruise speeds.

The tall narrow tires even wear halfway decent….even Super Swampers. Been running this set since 2001 and just got a fresh a few weeks ago from 4 Wheel Parts that will be mounted next week for our big desert trip coming up in July. Wide mudders are over rated for real world wheeling in my opinion unless you are running the tank trap at the local mud bog.

Also ran 9.00 X 16’s in the past with the same feelings but the Q78’s are about an inch or so taller.

I run tall skinny's all terrain's on a 2005 Silverado HD as well. They are 255/85R16 Cooper Discoverer S/T, which is a 33 x 10. Great tires so far. I like them much better than the 285/75R16's on my other Silverado.

Fresh meat

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 06-19-2009 at 11:59 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote