View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #14
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Tall Skinny Mud Tires Who's got them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts_restoration View Post
Everytime i see either your truck or one of his, especially that wrecker, i cant help but admire. Ive got a thing for tow trucks i guess, trucks that are built to work and carry a purpose.
Thanks! I hear ya. I tears me up to see our old wrecker just sitting boiling in the sun. Dad bought it brand new from Williams Chevrolet in Colorado Springs in December 1977. Heck, I learned how to drive in that truck. I want to bring it home so badly but my wife will go bananas when I do as she knows it will become the next money pit. She knows I will eventually do something with it though as there is a lot of sentimental value I have tied to it. The build is inevitable

Once I get rid of this stupid Corvair van hiding in behind my garage I should be able to go get it. I even have a 454HO with only 4,000 miles on it out of my K10 from when I did the 8.1L swap waiting to go into the wrecker. The wrecker currently has a 427 tall block from a medium duty truck that the old man spun the bearings in after I moved away to Detroit. That tall deck 427 will pull down a house but will probably cost a fortune to fix. Now I am home….I want the truck and dad want me to have it too!

Here is me next to it before it was a wrecker. Picture probably from 1978 sometime. Looks to have the original 7.00 x 16's then.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote