View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
stepside83

tune up/ mass air flow question

i have a 2003 silverado z71 ls with 5.3 it has 93,000 miles on her, i have a air aide cold air intake, true dual exhaust, E3 spark plugs, and dura last wires which i just put the plugs and wires in a week ago, but heres my issue, bout 3 weeks ago my check engine light came on, so i took it to local parts store to have it scaned, it came up saying mass air flow sensor was dirty or bad, i dont know the excact code it said, the parts guy gave me stuff to clean the sensor, so i did, light went out for about a week, then came back on, went back to parts store and same thing came up along with, random mis fire, now i was told to change plugs and wires and that should fix problem, i havent had the money yet to get a new air flow sensor will this week, but im wondering changeing plugs and wires, would/does that fix random mis fire, or is there something else wrong like coil packs? or is it because the air flow sensor is messed up so its messing with the spark some how? or should i just re do my exhaust and have one muffler with 2 out lets again any help on this would be great, im 23 and dont know much about the newer stuff, thanks guys
stepside83 is offline   Reply With Quote