View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #117
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

My 2 week work trip to Mexico is done. I spent some time with the family, the weather is improving, time to get more therapy. I went over to finish putting the engine together yesterday, but my wife drove my car to work and my parts were in it. So I didn't get much done til she got home. I had to make a little blind plate to cover an opening in the intake manifold, so I did that. Got the dizzy cleaned up with a splash of paint (still needs new rotor and cap, later). Took my alternator in to get tested, found out it no worky, so I'll have to snag another one. Picked up the radiators I was getting tested, turns out both were good for recycling the brass, so I'll be picking up another one later next week from another board member. And today I tore down the freebie carb from vtblazer for the rebuild. Got the parts cleaned and bought the kit. Pulled out my Rochester build book and tomorrow I'll try to get it back together.

There is a good chance I'll get the engine bolted in the jimmy next weekend. I need to check out the gas tank and get some gas line run and a few other details, but it should be a runner before June. Once I'm at that point I think the project goes on hold for awhile because I'll be working on my C-10. My wifes 20th anniversary gift to me was to let me do what I need to for my C-10 to be ready for paint. Mainly it needs cab work. I found a replacement to help that along, which I'm collecting in a couple weeks with the blazer tub shown above

I may have a mini build thread on that project, I don't know. Nothing special really, just restore and paint. With the new cab, decent fenders, doors and bed, there's not a lot of restore and I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford paint until I get to that point, so for now, we'll see...
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote