View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #119
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Pretty good day today. It was rainy, but I was able to do almost everything inside for a change. I got the motor back together and installed in the Jimmy. Figured out that the throttle cable is completely hosed, no kickdown cable, power steering bracket is not going to work either. I probably will need to find another water pump also. So for now, I'm going to look back at one of the junkyards to see if I can get the brackets I need, throttle cable, kickdown, alternator, whatever. I'm picking up a cab for my other truck and the blazer body next weekend. The throttle might be in one of those yet. I am just happy to finally get that engine installed. I spent $10 today for exhaust manifold gaskets and a few odds and ends, bringing my total up to $126.50.

I also traded my bad radiators for a set of bare sbc heads. Just steel castings that have been cooked out and magnafluxed. I might be able to get something out of them. I also bought another 4 core radiator from another board member this week for my C-10. I'll probably swap that in this week and I'll use my old 2 core for this project. Waste not, want not.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote