View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #238
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

In the lead up to starting this I did a fair amount of research about how others had done this and found some examples to consider. The upper one provided lots of room and I assume the plate on the bottom goes all the way across the arm giving it a nice smooth bottom so it won't be able to catch on something. But I wasn't completely comfortable with the amount of rigidity left in the arm. Especially on the inner edge between the bushings. Just my own paranoia. The second method was certainty the easier and you could run the lower plate full width to get a smooth bottom. I liked the second but was unable to obtain the correct size tubing at a reasonable cost. Minimum length was 10.5 feet of eight inch schedule 40 pipe. I was able to get 30" of eight inch square tubing for $34 dollars and I was sure I could make that work. After trying every way I could I was just unable to use the square tube I purchased in the vertically like the second photo. So it was going to be a version of the upper photo I would go with.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote