View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #12
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: Pretty decent looking 1977 Blazer Chalet-denver craigslist

Can't actually say, unfortunately, as mine was not yet roadworthy for long distance trips this summer. I had to go tent camping out of my VW hatchback once again, and used "hired help" to go high altitude touring, as mentioned in this thread post #8 http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...428#post100428

I am 5'10" and was skeptical I could lie down side-to-side in my Chalet's folded down dinette. The cushions, even for being 30 years old, are just my kind of soft & comfortable, so I tried it out one afternoon and my feet and top of my head just miss the walls. I'd have to say anybody taller would be forced to lay diagonally on the thing.....

Chalets sold in dismal numbers, probably in part because you really have to be a cozy family that doesn't mind tight confines, if your wife & kiddies all go with you. And remember, the restroom for these is "behind that tree over yonder".

Doug W. aka "1976K5CHALET" is also a member of this forum, he has used his up until quite recently as a home away from home as he travels from one oil drilling operation to the next, so he is an authority on how truly comfy or annoying these are.

Ya gotta be a nut to love these, mine will be great when it is 100 % reliable simply because it has 4wd, better ground clearance than my car, and significantly better living conditions than my tent. And unless I can convince my ladyfriend to come along, I'll be the only one camping in it.....
Attached Images

Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote