View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
tmills213

Re: 1964 C20 Turbo LQ4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
I'm in for this! i'm saving to do a ls turbo for my truck as well, just not sure if I want to go with a single turbo or twin! doing a lot of research for now before I buy any turbos, looked at some kits but would have to modify them to work so going to build tubing from scratch
From what I have gathered, twins are not really needed for street. It is going to be the common 6.0 stock bottom end build that lots are doing. I am only shooting for a 6-650 whp which I thought was easily doable with lower boost. I want the thing to be reliable and still be my main fun toy since im selling my motorcycle. (oh and OD is nice too hah)

The Turbo is a BW s475 with a 83mm turbine 1.1 ar ratio. it was about 700 which I thought was a dcent price for a well known mfg. I was going to originally go with a ebay special but I decided not to. With the smaller 1.1 ratio it is supposed to spool much better for the street and since I am not in it constantly I will not really have to worry about it restricting.

here is my current build log: the recovered items could have been more but the wife wanted her spot back and the 2 stall is crowded already. so I had to give away and axle, tires, full truck utility service box, doors (rolling chassis) for about 200.

-1700 Old motor trans "recover"
1800 base donor truck
-2100 recovered
700 Cam/springs/kit
100 head gasket
700 Turbo
330 head clean/machine/valves
130 timing chaing/gears
300 all other gaskets
100 lifter
130 pump
100 trunion