View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #522
Travisarmenta

Re: Suburban and panel finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
K10 72 Burban $1300. Refreshingly honest ad about the condition.

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...554107588.html

I'VE EDITED THE POST, PLEASE READ COMPLETELY!
I WILL REMOVE THE AD WHEN I HAVE CASH IN MY HAND, otherwise make an offer.
The bad- Body is absolute trash, the only thing good is side and rear glass, seats bad, need shocks, slow leak right rear (~2#/week), rear gate latch broken on one side, parking brake doesn't latch. Has a tire vibration above 50mph, probably the rear tire.

I've added multiple pictures to show- in order: #1, engine, #2 rocker rust on drivers side, typical for all 3 doors, #3 Warn winch bumper and good grill, #4 Front of rear wheel, left, #5 rear of rear wheel, left, #6 under left tail light. typical of right side. #7 read view, #8 roof showing rack and surface rust, #9right door, #10 rust at left window, #11 warn hubs, #12 brake controller and milage (add 100K ), #13 dash BTW radio works well, decent speakers under seat, and if you have some old casettes, you have somewhere to listen to them , #14 interior roof over front seat - rubber mat glued there (soundproofing??) which rusted under, more than surface, but not bad,#15 rest of roof, no rust, even around roof rack mounting bolts, #17 rear seat showing rip, #18 rusted window lift, 20 pushed in left tailgate latch, #21 rust below tailgate, #22 replacement window lift and rocker which comes with it, #23 40 gal gas tank if you want it.
but,
the good-
License to 1/20, runs, brakes good
front Warn winch bumper - no winch
front clip in great condition including grill and cowl
Engine (about 40K mi on it)
stroked 030 over high nickle block 350 (383)
RV cam
High vol oil pump
Alum Performer intake manifold w/Qjet
HEI ignition
w/Jacobs Ign controller
Flowmaster duals to rear
good radiator
Running gear
TH350 w/shift kit w/additional cooler
NP205 Transfer case
Dana 44 front axle w/disc brakes and Warn hubs
Rear corporate 12 bolt
Front and rear are open, 2.92 ratio
Chassis in great shape
Welded in tow hitch, have hauled 5800# no problem
Kelsey-Hayes plumbed-into-brake-hydraulics electric brake controller
has both 4(lights) and 6pin SAE connectors (gnd, tail, left, right, power, brake)

I've added all this information, rather than trying to text (I've got a dumb phone without keyboard, and it's a pain to do long texts)
For those who questioned whether I would sell parts, I have your contact info and will pass it to whoever buys the whole thing.
Exception is the 40 gal tank, if someone wants that before the vehicle goes, make an offer.

I've received a bunch of calls to the effect,"Still have it?" As I said above, if the ad is up, MAKE AN OFFER. I'm not going to accommodate tire-kickers, but if you actually make a serious offer (not a ridiculous low-ball, I know what the thing is worth parted out) I'm open to showing it in person. Again, it's AS IS. I've attempted to list all the bad and the good. Be aware, if you want to make this a daily driver, it's not going to be cheap, and by the time you put that much into it, you might as well go whole hog and get it to the $15K-$25K that these things fetch in good shape. OTOH, you can keep patching it and use it as I did: hauling stuff occasionally and as a hunting hooptee.
Make offer text or voicemail to show contact info

My wife wants it out of the driveway, I have too many projects, getting too old.
Cash talks.
That roof rack is pretty cool, I wish it was closer.
Travisarmenta is offline   Reply With Quote