View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #35
Smooth1SITF

Re: National Chevy/GMC Truck Association

If I am correct, your name is Tim and your member number is 1681 according to my research records.

According to what I noticed from my research, yes, it was started only 40's-60's.... Then expanded up to 72 before it broke up in the early 2000's. But, that was based on Seth's business at Golden State Pickup Parts because that was the year frame was what he was originally selling at the time when the magazine started.

Our club was leaving the main focus at 25 years and older. As time passes, the years go by, so we include more as we go. Right now we are at the end of the square bodies and running into the early 90's now.

Right now I am researching the members and creating database of them. Once I complete that, im going to try to research who I can and what I can and put the story of the organization together and then publish it on our clubs site. I was fascinated in the association and hate that it went away, but I really want to preserve its memory and I wanted to do it that way. I will be continuing to work to find the 26 magazine editions I am missing so I have a library for our members to use and look through. Plus, there are a lot of good Tech Tips in them.....

As for Jim, it appears he is still around. I think I found him on Facebook and appears to be doing Clown work... and the pictures on his Facebook show his trucks still in the background so I believe its him. Pictures from the magazines look similar to what he looks like now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The magazine was included with the annual membership fee and as I recall it, running a listing was free. Yeah, Jim Shekell in Newburg, IN. That was a long time ago, I forgot how to spell his name and where he lived but I met and talked to him a few times. I was saying I remember your chapter being active. I remember seeing shots of you all rolling down the road. My number was in the 1600s I believe. I don't remember that the 67-72s weren't accepted until years after I had joined with mine. Are you sure it wasn't always 47-72? I'd have to check my P&PIPs. I remember we were talking about how to handle expanding in the future, whether to bring in the square bodies or bump it up annually at say, 25 years.
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote