View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 05:36 PM   #4
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Interior wise the truck has some gauges that need some work and a lot of fun wiring that is kind of nested all over. Luckily in the grand scheme of things this is all easy to track and just needs to be cleaned up. Things I wanted to get working immediately though included the voltmeter which wasn't working(So I could keep an eye on the battery), the radio which did nothing, and the tach which also did nothing. That one simply because it was there and why not.

Tackled the Voltmeter and Tach first and in the midst of that realized I had a bad ground that the radio was also connected to. Got that all lined up but still wasn't getting anything from the radio so I pulled it out. Glad I did as I found the fuse on the back of it was blown. Last thing I would have normally even thought to check for was a blown fuse on the back so I got lucky. Swapped it out and all three are now good to go. The drivers door 6x9 doesn't want to work despite having power so that's another thing I'll add to the list. The Tahoe didn't have A/C or a radio so I'm glad I now at least have a radio working again.

Still need to clean up all the wiring and swap out some temporary connectors but at least it's working.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote