View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #35
MTCK

Re: Hydraulic clutch swap time

Sorry for the slow progress, I finally got back on this today.

OilBrnr, yeah

obijuan, yes the bleeder definitely hits the block now. Just barely, but it makes contact. Looking at Jason's pictures, is bracket rotates the bleeder up and away from the block.

84, sweet truck. I've read through your build before and like what you've done. are your swampers TSL's or LTB's? Love the tall skinny tires with a little lift. Thanks for the pointer on bench bleeding - that is a good idea.

I ran into a few more snags. I had to take a little more material off of the bell housing to make it fit, but now the AA bracket is sitting flush and feels solid. once I had it mounted up, I noticed that the existing hole for the clutch rod is nowhere near the slave cylinder. It looks like the other mounting holes on the bracket for the larger bore slave would line up perfectly, but not the further inboard set. I drilled a 3/8" hole in the fork lined up with the slave (PITA!) and got everything bolted up. I'm not wild about how it looks. If I was going to do it again I would grab a hydraulic clutch fork.

The fork was actually contacting the end of the slave cylinder, so I spaced it back with a pair of washers. Now it just BARELY doesn't touch. There is no way the boot would go on the end of the slave cylinder with as little clearance as there is between it and the fork. Pictures below.
Attached Images

1991 V3500 L29 454 4L80E NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's
1984 K30 292 TH400 NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's flat bed 7'6" Meyer Plow
2022 Silverado 3500 L8T
Project Daily Driver
Project Heavy Hauler
Project Plow Truck
MTCK is offline   Reply With Quote