View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #24
RichardJ

Re: Intermittent power loss (need help troubleshooting please)

The carb may need rebuilt, but before I make that suggestion I need a better understanding of the existing vacuum line connections.

In my first post I ask about the "T" on the PCV vacuum lines. From the first picture above, I thought B-A was a single line that looped across the valve cover and back to the PCV "T". I now see that A and B both go across to the pass fender and to the Charcoal canister.
My question was and still is, what is the vacuum line on the driver side of the "T" and what is it connected to?

The large casting port on the carb air horn usually would have a fitting that would connect a hose to the charcoal canister. Sometimes the casting is there, but not drilled out.

The open port directly below the fuel inlet is probably for the air cleaner Thermac door. Just checking.

I see a vacuum line connected to the distributor vacuum advance, but I can't see it on the other side, connecting to the carb? There is a steel line laying against the valve cover, but would still like to see where it is connected.
Attached Images

Last edited by RichardJ; 01-14-2019 at 03:35 PM.
RichardJ is offline   Reply With Quote