View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #2495
DetroitDan

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

I think it's awesome that you were able to rescue that cab from the crusher, but my understanding of the law was the vehicles were supposed to be destroyed. One local junkyard was going to sell me a rear bumper off one, and he said he wasn't even supposed to do that legally, they were supposed to be crushed intact. IDK, maybe he was wrong but he was in the business of dismantling cars, I dont think he would have let that much money slide through his hands if he didn't have to. His front lot was packed with cash for clunkers cars. I do know they were required to dump that stuff in the motors to kill them.
Just disgusting, all the good vehicles and good parts being destroyed because of some hare-brained scheme to jumpstart the economy by bailing out millionaire automakers. I remember reading that the cost to the taxpayer would be $23,000 per taxpayer. So if you bought a new sh**tbox you are paying $23,000 extra for it eventually, and those of us that didn't buy new are paying also.
Somewhere I saw a bumpersticker that said "I survived cash for clunkers". Think I need one for my truck.