View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: What We Mean By Good Old Days

24/7/365 I want it all and I want it NOW!

Slow on down there little grass hopper. Matter fact why don't you just stop right there and listen to what I'm going to tell you. And look at my eyes. You don't need nothing but common sense and patience to have anything you need. But wanting it now went away with screaming for your bottle. You hear me? Now slow your pace, put thought into your actions, make sure they are your thoughts, and make every move count. Don't forget what I just told you. I don't want to have to say any of it again, you hear?

But what I meant by good old days is everything about those films. A TV actor giving sales instructions, Bonanza, an All American values TV shows was pretty much paid for by Chevrolet. Not sure if there were any other ads or not during the shows, the competition fctor between the Big #, the high performance models in competition, using stunt driving as a way to show how good a car is , it goes on. It's the times these old trucks we like came from. The Camper trucks comparison cracks me up. I mean GM produced some very interesting entertainment for salesmen eyes only. Agent 007 7/8 and Dr Yes? That is rich! Throwing that full-size into reverse and drive back and forth was impressive to me. But I sure wouldn't want that one after that Shooting guns at tires. I just loved the whole thing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-18-2018 at 05:19 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote